Insurance companies, agents and brokers in Kenya are licensed by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. You can buy insurance directly from an insurance company or through an Agent or a Broker.
Find an insurance company here
Below are some things to consider as you select the insurance policy;
- What do I want to insure and why?
- How do I want to pay premiums? Weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually?
- Do I want to specify the sum insured?
- What inclusions do I need?
- What other products or services can I include in my cover as riders?
- What features can I leave out?
With the answers to these questions, you can select a policy that works for you. Then engage the insurance company, agent or broker. They will ask you to fill in forms providing details about yourself and what you want to insure. Be honest as you fill in this form so that the insurer can correctly assess the risk and charge the correct premium (do not undervalue or overvalue what is to be insured this presents challenges when a claim arises).